Alturas, California, offers an abundance of wilderness and natural beauty in a peaceful location. Located in the rural northeastern portion of the state, Modoc County borders Oregon and Nevada and is home to the beautiful Warner Mountains. Modoc National Forest offers outdoor enthusiasts an abundance of recreational opportunities including fishing, hiking, hunting, and skiing.
Some annual activities include:
- Easter Egg Hunts-Children hunt for a large number of candy and prize-filled eggs around town.
- Fandango Days-Our 4th of July celebration includes a parade, classic car cruise, fireworks, etc.
- Modoc District Fair-Cedarville hosts this fun-filled fair with rides and rodeo events.
- Hot Air Balloon Festival-A pancake breakfast starts the day as dozens of balloons fill the sky.
- Winter Fest-Enjoy craft fairs and a Christmas light parade on Main Street.
For more information regarding annual community activities, please visit the links above.